Brief History of Beaver Station
1878 – The P&LE Railroad comes to Beaver and opens a small wooden station on the west side of East End Avenue.
1897 – A elegant new passenger station is built on Southeast corner of Third Street and East End Avenue.
1910 – The 1897 station is moved to its present location when the tracks are moved east to align with the new Ohio River railroad bridge – still in use today.
1985 – Passenger service ends. The station is sold to Beaver County and expanded to house the county’s first 911 Center.
2010 – The 911 center moves to a new facility in Ambridge and Beaver buys Beaver Station from Beaver County.
2011 – 2016 – At Beaver’s request Beaver Area Heritage Foundation acquires the station and determines to restore and repurpose it as Beaver Station Cultural & Event Center. More than 350 donors contributed over $2.8 M to create the venue in use today.