BAHF is Seeking a Venue Manager
EMPLOYER: Beaver Area Heritage Foundation (BAHF)
EXPECTED START DATE: October 1, 2017
OVERVIEW: BAHF seeks a highly motivated, outgoing, creative self-starter with entrepreneurial spirit and unwavering professional dedication to serving clientele of Beaver Station Cultural & Event Center. This unique facility opened in late 2015 and is housed in the historically restored 1897 Beaver Railroad Passenger Station. On site duty hours will be highly flexible according to event obligations and Beaver Station Operating Committee (Management) policies and expectations.
GENERAL DUTIES: The Venue Manager (VM) will work under the direction of Management to optimize Beaver Station’s usage and profitability. The net income will be used within BAHF to support its many community activities. Job duties include but are not limited to: 1) property management assuring impeccable facility condition and strict adherence to BAHF tenant lease and vendor policy obligations, 2) attracting and coordinating appropriate external rental opportunities 3) plan and successfully manage internally developed events, and 4) steadfast enthusiasm to fully satisfy customer and tenant facility expectations. The VM will manage part-time Event Host and bussers, whose duties involve onsite monitoring of facility policy during larger events. VM will serve as point of contact and facilitator for Beaver Station tenants that include the Beaver County Genealogical and History Center and BAHF Museum’s Collection and Archival area.
COMPENSATION: The VM is a full-time position that does involve occasional evening and weekend duties. Compensation will be negotiated according to candidate skills and experience. The position provides incentive pay compensation based on venue performance. The position offers holiday and vacation leave.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Meet and exceed facility performance goals by attracting external rent income / executing public events
- Work independently in an environment of minimal day-to-day interaction with management
- Plan and execute venue marketing plan, including the promotion of BAHF pubic events, through demonstrable social media skills, E blasts, local media outlets, etc.
- Develop and execute creative public “Signature Event” proposals consistent with Management direction
- Coordinate and maintain successful “approved vendor” relationships
- Maintain coordination of scheduling joint or simultaneous activities with BAHF Museum trustees and staff.
- Manage facility expenditures within established budget line items
- Respond professionally to BAHF obligations under facility rental agreements
- Continuously evaluate and make written recommendations to improve operational and policy efficiencies
- Maintain financial records coordinated by BAHF Treasurer per Management policies
- Assure event premises, equipment and supplies are adequately maintained by oversight of custodial staff
- Perform other venue and event related duties as directed by Management
- Demonstrable inter-personal and relation-building, oral and written communication skills
- Deductive reasoning, problem solving, organization and time management abilities
- Competent knowledge of MS Office Suite: Excel, Word, Outlook, Access and useful social media
- Dependable transportation
TO APPLY: Submit an expression of interest letter, resume including work related references and compensation range expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 26, 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for subsequent interviews to be scheduled based on joint availability.